“90% of financial planning is building habits.” These are the wise words of my friend, Adam Lucas. We met via LinkedIn and thought a podcast episode about the myths of financial planning would be a great resource to you! Adam is a Financial Advisor with Northwestern Mutual in Denver, Colorado. Adam and his wife, Emily, have a unique view of financial planning due to Emily having cystic fibrosis. This conversation is full of encouragement, tips, and truth about what it takes to gain control of your finances and build for your future.
3 Myths of Financial Planning (by Adam Lucas)
- Myth #1: Financial planning is only for the wealthy. Truth: Wealth management isn’t the sole province of the rich. Even if you’re just starting your career, you’re still building wealth.
- Myth #2: DIYers don’t pay fees, so they come out ahead. Truth: Not always the case! A Financial Advisor can help coach you on your financial goals and how to reach them.
- Myth #3: Financial planning only means helping with investing. Truth: The end game of financial planning is to balance your dreams with your financial obligations and everyday expenses – while making sure you’re enjoying life at the same time.
Connect with Adam Lucas:
Adam Lucas, a Colorado native, joined Northwestern Mutual in 2019. He lives in Denver with his wife, Emily, along with their cat, Morris, and two dogs – Peyton and Surrey.
Because of his personal experiences with cystic fibrosis within his own family, Adam has built his financial advising practice around helping create holistic financial plans that are tailored to a client’s specific goals. Adam’s wife, Emily, was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis as a baby. Emily’s younger sister, Jessica, passed away from complications due to CF in 2014 at the age of 21. As a result, Adam & Emily have put an emphasis in their own lives on creating a balance between enjoying life today and creating habits to save for their future. His goal is to help his clients do the same – to spend life living.
Outside of his career, Adam is addicted to golf, and has fallen victim to the idea that he’ll someday have a consistently good swing. He & Emily enjoy travelling, exploring Colorado’s outdoors, and attending Colorado Avalanche & CU Buffs games. Adam & Emily stay involved with their local Cystic Fibrosis Foundation chapter, and participate in several fundraising & networking events throughout the year.
Connect with Mandy and Raychel:
- Join our VIP Email List! to receive WEEKLY inspiration, motivation, and training from two experienced Life Coaches who have helped thousands of women live and lead well; EXCLUSIVE invitations to free wellness presentations and spontaneous leadership webinars; and FREE resources to enrich your life & leadership in a variety of areas such as: Health, Business, Beauty, Faith, and more! Join now at https://www.raymateam.com/VIPlist
- Connect with us on Instagram! Follow @shewhoovercomespodcast for inspiring podcast posts and to find our personal accounts.
- Catch up on all episodes of the podcast here.
- Work with us in the NEW 7-Week Leadership Coaching Program for Women called She Cultivates Resilience! Learn more and register at https://www.raymateam.com/resilienceprogram